Become an ambassador and help solve the worlds toughest problems with UNA-USA and the U.S. Department of State’s new Model United Nations app. Geared toward teachers, community leaders, dedicated Model UNers and students of international affairs, this app gives you the step-by-step tools to engage your classroom in the vital work of the UN. Real-life examples are used to explore today’s most pressing issues.
Without needing any previous knowledge of the UN or Model UN, students can become diplomats and hone leadership, problem-solving, and public speaking skills in a 60-minute lesson plan.
“The lesson went really well,” Stephanie Martanovic, a middle school teacher from St. Petersburg, Fla., said of our tailored Model UN lesson plans. “My kids loved it and it was smooth. The concept is great!”
The Model United Nations App features:
· 60-minute lesson plans on topics like climate change, poverty eradication, and the Zombie Apocalypse;
· Detailed instructions on how to conduct a classroom simulation;
· Resources and country backgrounds for students on each topic;
· Model UN resources for any student preparing for a conference;
· A calendar of events for Model UN conference and other multilateral events happening throughout the world;
· Updated news from the UN, UNA-USA, and the U.S. Department of State; and
· Offline capabilities — no internet access is required so you can engage in a lesson plan anywhere!
The Model United Nations App is brought to you by the United Nations Association of the USA (UNA-USA), a membership organization of the United Nations Foundation, and the U.S. Department of States Bureau of International Organization Affairs.